Welcome! This is where you get all of the information you need about this year’s pageant.
You, your family, your friends, your coworkers, the lady who sits next to you on the B train each morning, and that cute guy with the hipster scarf who has perfected the foam art on your 6am triple caramel latte. Seriously though, everyone is welcome to attend!
December 10, 2017 @ 5:00pm. The lobby and house will open an hour before the show starts. Seating is unassigned so arrive early to get the best view.
JKO High School Auditorium at 120 W 46th St, New York, NY 10036. The auditorium is less than one block away from Times Square so the hotel and transportation options are virtually endless.
Welcome to the show! Well, almost…Tickets will go on sale November 10th, 2017 at midnight. Prices and perks for tickets are below:
General Admission | $18
Arrive early to guarantee a good seat!
VIP | $45
Premier seating and a swag bag for each VIP! Swag bags include a free printed program book, a snack or two for the show, and goodies from our sponsors!
Current MAO Titleholders | $5
As long as you are wearing your sash and crown and are a current titleholder you may attend for only $5. You must have your ticket at least 48 hours before the show so that we can reserve a seat for you in the titleholder section.
Program Book | $10
All attendees will have access to a free digital program book, which can be viewed on a computer, phone or tablet. If you would like a printed program you will need to pre-order it. There will be a very limited number for sale at the door
*All tickets are subject to a processing fee.
Pageant Day Fundraisers
There will be three additional fundraisers on pageant night so remember to bring cash!
Because food is delicious
People’s Choice Award
Each contestant raises money for the People’s Choice award, where the contestant who raises the most money will get to keep half of the money she raises. There are two parts to the People’s Choice Award, the first is an online vote which takes place for the two weeks leading up to the pageant. The second part is the Dash for Cash! Each contestant has a supporter in the audience with a People’s Choice Jar. At the beginning of the second half of the show, these supporters will have 90 seconds to dash around the audience and collect as much cash as they can. Once the dash is over, the cash will be added to the money each contestant raised in the online vote and the People’s Choice winner will be declared right before crowning!
Buy a Ballot Raffle
This is an MAO spin on the 50/50 Raffle. For $5 you can buy a single ballot and try your hand at judging the competition. Score each contestant from 1-10, add up the totals and see how close you get to the real judges ballot. The participant who gets the closest to choosing the correct top 5 (in order!) will win half of the money raised in the Buy a Ballot raffle! Here is the big catch: just like the judges, you must score all contestants in the moment and cannot go back to change the scores. Any ballots with scratch-outs or do-overs will be disqualified so practice your legible penmanship before pageant day!
- If you will need seating that is wheelchair accessible, please email the director at least 1 week before the show to make sure that we can accommodate your whole party in an accessible area.
- We recommend that you purchase tickets in advance since we are likely to sell out before pageant night.
- Certain areas will be cordoned off for our judges, visiting royalty, and VIP ticket holders. Please respect the “reserved” signs, as you will be asked to move if you don’t.
- Please do not bring large posters or banners. It blocks the view of the people behind you and clutters the aisles. You are welcome to bring glow-sticks or smaller pictures (also called “heads-on-a-stick”) to wave in support of your contestant.
- Make sure you hit up an ATM before arriving if you want to buy concessions or participate in the People’s Choice Award and the Buy a Ballot 50/50 raffle!
- This is New York City so your best bet is to uber, taxi, or take good-old-fashioned public transportation to the show. The 1, 2, 3, 7, A, C, E, N, Q, R, trains, as well as the Shuttle to Grand Central Station all converge on Times Square at the 42nd street station. If you are taking a train to Penn Station/34th Street you can hop on the 1, 2, 3, A, C, E, N, Q, or R trains for a quick trip to Times Square Station. Parking is available in garages but is rather expensive so not recommended.
- There will be a table in the lobby if you wish to send flowers or gifts to your favorite contestants. Due to limited space and allergies we cannot send gifts back stage.
- The back stage areas are for MGNYC contestants and volunteers ONLY! We love all of you but in order to ensure absolute fairness and to help our girls focus on the show we ask that parents, supporters, and other titleholders wait in the house or lobby for their contestants.
If you have any additional questions feel free to email us!