The Miss Greater NYC Court is a non-competitive opportunity for boys and girls between the ages of 5 and 12 to get an introduction to the Miss America Organization. The contestants competing for the Miss Greater NYC Titles work with our princes and princesses as mentors and big-sisters in the weeks leading up to the pageant. Participants get to attend rehearsals, learn a dance number and be crowned on stage! On pageant night two or three lucky young royals will be crowned as our Program’s official prince/princess and will accompany the Miss titleholders to the Miss New York competition in May. The newly crowned princes and/or princesses will also be able to accompany their Miss on appearances throughout the year as available and as appropriate.
You may be asking how the ‘winning’ royals are selected if the program is non-competitive. Well, the Prince/Princess paired with the winning Miss contestants will be crowned as their official prince or princess. So if your courtier is paired with Debbie Little, who win’s the title of Miss Manhattan, your courtier will become Miss Manhattan’s Prince/Princess. If your young royal would like to be a state princess regardless of the pageant results, please send an email to the director. Each local titleholder is allowed to have up to three princes/princesses at state so if you would like to be paired with a titleholder as an additional Courtier we can make that happen! Financial obligations for additional princes and princesses are slightly different from those crowned on pageant night so contact the Director for more information. Participants must be willing to commit the Star Prince/Princess Program if their Miss is crowned so please read the information below carefully.
Obligations & Perks
Miss Greater NYC Court
- Participation fee: $75 ($65 for returning courtiers)
- Must attend the court rehearsal (December 3rd) and the show (December 10th)
- If crowned an official prince/Princess, must attend the Director’s Conference/Winner’s Photoshoot on December 16th/17 (exact date TBD).
- Must provide own solid white party dress/dress pants & shirt, shoes and accessories
- Must provide own Black leggings/pants, sneakers and accessories for the court dance number. T-shirt will be provided
- Must provide own head shot (School photos work)
- All participants will receive a tiara/crown, sash, and T-shirt
- Special dance production on pageant night
- participants are crowned on stage during the evening wear competition
- 2-3 courtiers will become Miss Cosmopolitan/Miss Manhattan/Miss Greater NYC’s Prince/Princess and join their Miss at the State pageant in May 2018
Miss New York’s Star Princess Program
- Participation fee of $175
- Princess must attend and pay for her own accommodations during the State Pageant in May
- Must provide her own solid white party dress (knee or tea-length), white dress shoes, white sock, and accessories
- Must provide her own head shot
- The official Miss America local princess crown & sash
- Join your titleholder for her official photo shoot (you get pictures too!)
- Be a part of your titleholder’s year of service and join her on appearances (where appropriate and feasible)
- Have a big sister for a year!
- Join your titleholder during her introductions at the Miss New York Pageant
- Special Princess dance production on the final night of the Miss New York pageant.
- Star Princess T-Shirt
- Star Princess Pizza Party
- 1 Ticket (princess only) to attend all three nights of the Miss New York Pageant
- 1 Ticket (for a parent/guardian) to attend the final night of the Miss New York Pageant
- Amazing friends, great memories, and an unforgettable experience
Applications for the 2018 Court are open! Click the link below to register. There are a maximum of 30 spots so register early to guarantee your participation.